Subject: Message from the global air transport industry - challenges ahead of the EES start of operations
From: "Davide Maistro" <[email-masked]>
To: "Igor Taro" <[email-masked]>, "SiM info" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Nuria Fermoso" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2025 17:24:23 +0300

TÄHELEPANU! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada!

Dear Minister,

The global air transport industry would like to draw your attention to 
operational challenges ahead of the start of operations of the Union’s 
Entry/Exit System this October.

These challenges relate to the nature and timeliness of information that 
airlines expect to receive from national administrations and border control 
authorities, and on exemptions from border control for crew members serving 
on board our aircraft.

A document summarizing our concerns and proposing operational and 
legislative solutions to the issues we are likely to face is attached to 
this email, and has been sent to other government representatives across the 
EU and EEA.

I have the pleasure of sharing this with you and your office on behalf of 
Airlines for Europe, of the International Air Transport Association (IATA), 
of the European Regions Airline Association, of Airlines for America, of the 
Airlines International Representation in Europe, of the Association of Asia 
Pacific Airlines, of the Latin American and Caribbean Air Transport 
Association, and of the National Airlines Council of Canada.

We trust your interest in the matter will ensure your administration takes 
the necessary steps, at home and collectively at Union level, so that the 
progressive start of operations of the Entry/Exit System does not disrupt 
air transport operations any further.

I shall thank you for your kind consideration and look forward to exchanging 
further on this.

Yours sincerely,

DAVIDE MAISTRO

POLICY DIRECTOR

Tel.: +32 493 83 77 61

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

································································

AIRLINES FOR EUROPE

Rond-Point Schuman 6, B-1040 Brussels

EU Transparency Register: 807912421050-91

 <http://www.a4e.eu/> www.a4e.eu

 <https://flyingforourfuture.eu/>

The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential. This 
message is intended for the individual or entity addressed herein.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately 
by return e-mail, delete this message and destroy any copies.

Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the 
intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.